Earlier this summer, the C&O Canal Trust reopened the historic Swains Lockhouse after a three-year rehabilitation project supported in part by the Heritage Fund grant program. The Lockhouse dates to ca. 1916 and now open to the public as part of their very popular Canal Quarters program.
Over the course of a studio semester, students from the University of Maryland College Park have created a new public toolkit for documentation LGBTQ history in Baltimore City with a specific focus on Mount Vernon, Abell, Waverly, and Greater Waverly.
Cambridge Community Radio in Dorchester County used a Heritage Fund grant to transform a vintage ca. 1930 storefront restaurant into a music venue and radio studio as a new home for their all-volunteer, local radio station.