The Preservation Maryland Heritage Fund provides direct assistance for the protection of historical and cultural resources and promotes innovative demonstration projects that can be successfully replicated to meet Maryland's historic preservation needs. Grants range from $500 to $5000 and are reviewed and awarded by the Heritage Fund Selection Committee in three rounds each year.
The Fund is intended to serve the needs of tangible cultural resources in Maryland. Historic sites, buildings, districts, objects, and archaeological resources are eligible for funding.
Projects Eligible for Funding
- Stabilization or acquisition of endangered historic properties
- Feasibility studies, architectural plans, structural assessments and historic structure reports
- Projects benefiting archaeological resources including curatorial services
- "Bricks and mortar" repairs and restoration
- Educational, research, and planning efforts related to resource preservation