The Preservation Maryland Heritage Fund provides direct assistance for the protection of historical and cultural resources and promotes innovative demonstration projects that can be successfully replicated to meet Maryland's historic preservation needs. The Fund is intended to serve the needs of tangible cultural resources in Maryland. Historic sites, buildings, districts, objects, and archaeological resources are eligible for funding.
Grants range from $1,000 to $10,000 and are reviewed and awarded by the Heritage Fund Selection Committee in two rounds each fiscal year. The next deadline to submit an application to the Heritage Fund is Monday, August 17, 2015.
Projects Eligible for Funding
- Stabilization or acquisition of endangered historic properties
- Feasibility studies, architectural plans, structural assessments and historic structure reports
- Projects benefiting archaeological resources including curatorial services
- "Bricks and mortar" repairs and restoration
- Educational, research, and planning efforts related to resource preservation
FY2016 Application Process
Step 1: Review the Heritage Fund Guidelines and Procedures and the Heritage Fund Application Template.
Step 2: Draft responses to the application questions in a word processing program.
Step 3: Open the application by clicking the "Online Application" button below.
Step 4: Cut and paste your answers into the online application and click the "Continue" button at the bottom of the form to submit.