2013 Endangered Maryland List Released
We are pleased to announce that the 2013 Endangered Maryland list has been released through Maryland Life magazine. A panel of historic preservationists selected the list from nominated properties and assessed the level of threat, historic and architectural significance and community support for preserving the site. The program’s purpose is to generate public awareness of Maryland’s threatened historic properties, generate possible solutions and serve as a call for action. Endangered Maryland is sponsored by Penza + Bailey Architects, Cho Benn Holback + Associates Inc. and Azola Companies.
The 2013 Endangered Maryland Sites are: (in alphabetical order).
1. Belward Farm (Montgomery County)
2. Cooper Apartments (Anne Arundel County)
3. Endangered Indigenous Landscapes (Multiple Counties)
4. Fort Carroll (Baltimore County)
5. Locust Grove School and Fort Frederick School (Washington County)
6. Monocacy National Battlefield (Frederick County)
7. Montanverde (Montgomery County)
8. Rogers Buchanan Cemetery (Baltimore City)
9. Scotland Post Office (St. Mary's County)
10. Washington Grove (Montgomery County)
Endangered Maryland Program
Below is a map of all past Endangered Maryland sites. It is interactive, so please click on a marker to find out more about the sites. To view a larger map and to get a complete list of Endangered Maryland sites including descriptions and updates, click here.
For more information please contact Margaret De Arcangelis at 410-685-2886 x302 or email@example.com.