2014 Endangered Maryland Update
Big changes have occured with this year’s Endangered Maryland list. Our successful seven-year partnership with Maryland Life came to an end last summer with the announcement that the magazine ceased publication. Preservation Maryland is sorry to lose a great partner that helped promote Endangered Maryland sites to a statewide audience. We now look forward to taking full ownership of this program and using new techniques to reach Marylanders across the state who want to learn more about threatened buildings and landscapes in their community.
Please visit www.endangeredmaryland.org for information on this year's selected sites.
2014 Endangered Maryland Sites
The 2014 Endangered Maryland Sites are: (in alphabetical order).
1. 500 Block of Race Street (Dorchester County)
2. Birely Tannery (Frederick County)
3. Ceres Bethel AME Church (Frederick County)
4. Glenn Dale Tuberculosis Hospital (Prince George's County)
5. Hyattsville Library (Prince George's County)
6. Maryland Historic National Road (Multiple Counties)
7. Morris A. Mechanic Theater (Baltimore City)
8. Mt. Pleasant (Washington County)
9. Nelson Homestead (Somerset County)
10. Valve House in Clifton Park (Baltimore City)
Endangered Maryland Program
Below is a map of Endangered Maryland sites selected between 2007-2013. It is interactive, so please click on a marker to find out more about the sites. To view a larger map and to get a complete list of Endangered Maryland sites including descriptions and updates, click here.
For more information please contact Margaret De Arcangelis at 410-685-2886 x302 or firstname.lastname@example.org.