White Hall was part of the early land grant called Freeborn’s Progress. The house was constructed prior to 1822 and family lore suggests that the east wing was used as a hospital during the War of 1812. In 1977 the house was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Show House will be open to the public from September 24, 2017 to October 22, 2017.
The proceeds from this year’s Show House will serve to fund two significant efforts: The Historic Ellicott Revitalization Grant Program as well as the restoration of Carrollton Hall. Carrollton Hall is an historic building on the grounds of The Shrine of St. Anthony, and was built by Charles Carroll and completed in 1832.