Preservation Maryland the second oldest statewide historic preservation organization in the country. Founded in 1931, its goals and objectives reflected the period’s strong interest in colonial and revolutionary history. Over the years Preservation Maryland has expanded its mission.
In 2014, Preservation Maryland moved its headquarters to Meadow Mill at Woodberry. This building, built in 1877, is a prime example of adaptive reuse and how to breathe new life into historic properties.
Preservation Maryland had been previously headquartered in the 1791 Old St. Paul's Rectory,located in Baltimore's Mt. Vernon Cultural District and near the Inner Harbor. St. Paul's Rectory was built in 1791 on land conveyed to the Vestry of St. Paul's by John Eager Howard in 1786. It is a Baltimore City Landmark, and a contributing structure of the Cathedral Hill Historic District.